What can an individual do?
- Don’t use rat poison — predators of small rodents are poisoned too.
- Don’t use sticky traps — they are inhumane.
- For ideas, visit Raptors Are The Solution
- Leave dead trees standing — the birds may nest in it
- Build a nest box and hang it securely, high off the ground, with the hole facing east
- Don’t toss food waste on the road
- small trash bags – 8 gallon size
- paper towels
- liquid hand soap
- Clorox disinfecting wipes
- Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty scour pads
- disposable, surgeon-type rubber gloves (size large)
- Dawn dishwashing liquid
- gallon size ziploc baggies
- 1/8″ and 1/4″ brass grommets
- plastic “turf” doormats, similar to this at Amazon